Privacy & Cookies
This is the privacy notice of Splash Web. In this document, "we", "our", or "us" refer to Splash Web.
My registered office is at 11 Forest Approach, Kings Cliffe, Peterborough, PE8 6XG.
Published on: 24 April 2018.
- This is a notice to inform you of my policy about all information that I record about you. It sets out the conditions under which I may process any information that I collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
- I take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. I understand that all visitors to my website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- I undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
- My policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires me to tell you about your rights and my obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. I do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at: The Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
- Except as set out below, I do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through my website.
- I regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave my website.
The bases on which I process information about you
The law requires me to determine under which of six defined bases I process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which I process your personal information is no longer relevant then I shall immediately stop processing your data.
If the basis changes then if required by law I shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which I have determined that I can continue to process your information.
Information I process because I have a contractual obligation with you
When you create an account on my website, buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to my terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us.
In order to carry out my obligations under that contract I must process the information you give me. Some of this information may be personal information.
I may use it in order to:
- 1.1. verify your identity for security purposes
- 1.2. sell products to you
- 1.3. provide you with my services
- 1.4. provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using my website
I process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested I use the information before I enter into a legal contract.
Additionally, I may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor my performance with respect to a particular service I provide. If I use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable.
I shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
Information I process with your consent
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse my website or ask me to provide you more information about our business, including job opportunities and my products and services, you provide your consent to me to process information that may be personal information.
If you have given me explicit permission to do so, I may from time to time pass your name and contact information to selected associates whom I consider may provide services or products you would find useful.
I continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing me by email via this website. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use my website or my services further.
Information I process for the purposes of legitimate interests
I may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so.
Where I process your information on this basis, I do after having given careful consideration to:
- whether the same objective could be achieved through other means
- whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
- whether you would expect me to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so
For example, I may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
- record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of my business
- responding to unsolicited communication from you to which I believe you would expect a response
- protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party
- insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage business risk
- protecting your interests where I believe I have a duty to do so
Information I process because I have a legal obligation
I are subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, I must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation.
For example, I may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
This may include your personal information.
Specific uses of information you provide to us
Sending a message
When you contact me, whether by telephone, through my website or by email, I collect the data you have given to me in order to reply with the information you need.
I record your request and my reply in order to increase the efficiency of my business.
I keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address so as to be able to track my communications with you to provide a high quality service.
Information relating to your method of payment
Payment information is never taken by me or transferred to me either through my website or otherwise. No employees or contractors ever have access to it.
Affiliate and business partner information
This is information given to me by you in your capacity as an affiliate of mine or as a business partner.
It allows me to recognise visitors that you have referred to us, and to credit to you commission due for such referrals. It also includes information that allows me to transfer commission to you.
The information is not used for any other purpose.
I undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of my relationship.
I expect any affiliate or partner to agree to reciprocate this policy.
When I receive a complaint, I record all the information you have given to us.
I use that information to resolve your complaint.
If your complaint reasonably requires me to contact some other person, I may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. I do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for my sole discretion as to whether I do give information, and if I do, what that information is.
I may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service I provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
If you send me information in connection with a job application, I may keep it for up to one year in case I decide to contact you at a later date.
Use of information I collect through automated systems when you visit my website
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer's hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website. They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved.
Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely.
Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
- 1.5. to track how you use my website
- 1.6. to record whether you have seen specific messages I display on my website
Personal identifiers from your browsing activity
Requests by your web browser to my servers for web pages and other content on my website are recorded.
I record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. I also record information about the software you are using to browse my website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution.
I use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on my website and how I perform in providing content to you.
If combined with other information I know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not signed in to my website.
Disclosure and sharing of your information
Information I obtain from third parties
Although I do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), I sometimes receive data that is indirectly made up from your personal information from third parties whose services I use.
No such information is personally identifiable to you.
Third party advertising on my website
Third parties may advertise on my website. In doing so, those parties, their agents or other companies working for them may use technology that automatically collects information about you when their advertisement is displayed on my website.
I do not have control over these technologies or the data that these parties obtain. Accordingly, this privacy notice does not cover the information practices of these third parties.
Data may be processed outside the European Union
My website is hosted in the UK.
I may also use outsourced services in countries outside the European Union from time to time in other aspects of my business.
Accordingly data obtained within the UK or any other country could be processed outside the European Union. For example, some of the software my website uses may have been developed or is hosted in the United States of America or in Australia.
I only use third party providers who can demonstrate that their data processing is in accordance with the GDPR.
Access to your own information
Access to your personal information
- 1.7. At any time you may review or update personally identifiable information that I hold about you, by requesting a copy of this data.
- 1.8. To obtain a copy of any information you may send me a request by email, via this website.
- 1.9. After receiving the request, I will tell you when I expect to provide you with the information, and whether I require any fee for providing it to you.
Removal of your information
If you wish me to remove personally identifiable information from my website, you may contact me by email, via this website.
This may limit the service I can provide to you.
Verification of your information
When I receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information I shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
Use of website by children
- 1.10. I do not sell products or provide services for purchase by children, nor do I market to children.
- 1.11. If you are under 18, you may use my website only with consent from a parent or guardian
- 1.12. I collect data about all users of and visitors to my website regardless of age, and I anticipate that some of those users and visitors will be children.
- 1.13. Such child users and visitors be subject to whatever on-site marketing they find, wherever they visit.
Encryption of data sent between us
My website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify my website's identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give me.
Whenever information is transferred between us via a browser, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser's URL bar or toolbar.
How you can complain
- 1.15. If a dispute is not settled then I hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with me in a process of mediation or arbitration.
- 1.16. If you are in any way dissatisfied about how I process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office .
Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, I keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
- 1.17. to provide you with the services you have requested;
- 1.18. to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by my tax authorities; typically six years.
- 1.19. to support a claim or defence in court.
Compliance with the law
However, ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use my website.
I may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary, each version will be dated accordingly. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on my website on the day you use my website. I advise you to save a copy for your records.